R+ Recombination Caps are able to catalytically recombine the hydrogen and oxygen gasses into pure water that returns to the battery cell. This drastically reduces the amount of "topping up" and virtually eliminates the danger of a hydrogen gas explosion. Corrosion is eliminated because the acid spray and fumes are contained within the cell. In general and under normal conditions, R+ Recombination Caps increase watering interval by three times - meaning up to annual watering / maintenance intervals.
In Summary – R+ Recombination Caps:
- Drastically reduce the amount of time and money you spend on "topping up" your batteries.
- Virtually eliminate the risk the venting of hydrogen gas can cause.
- Contain corrosive elements - which increase the life of your battery and decrease cleaning time.
- Provide the user with all the benefits of a flooded type battery with minimal maintenance similar to sealed batteries.
- Increases watering interval by three times. This can be as long as 12 months.
The R+ Recombination Cap is very effective against water loss due to evaporation due to high temperatures.