OutBack provides a fully-compliant PV rapid shutdown equipment plus combiner solution with the RSD-AFCI.
The FLEXmax 100 Rapid Shutdown meets the following 2014 National Electric Code (NEC) requirements:
- NEC 690.11—Arc fault protection (protects against arc faults due to loose connections, damaged wires or other DC component failures)
- NEC 690.12—Rapid shutdown (provides a means for first responders to safely de-energize controlled conductors)
- NEC 690.15—DC combiner disconnect (opens all ungrounded circuit conductors from all sources of power)
The RSD-AFCI is rated to 600VDC for integration in a wide range of systems and designed for ease of service and clean wire management. This packaged system includes one combiner box for one FLEXmax 100 charge controller. Simply order one extra combiner box for each additional charge controller, no additional rapid shutdown or AFCI equipment required.
• End-to-end solution listed to UL1741
• Arc fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) listed to UL1699B with local and remote indication
• Type 3R enclosures rated for indoor or outdoor installation
• Flexible design—install the combiner box vertically or horizontally and mount to racking or under an array
• Interoperable with compatible third-party PV rapid shutdown devices (PVRSE with dry contact)