This 7700Watt SMA Sunny Boy inverter is part of the newest range of residential grid-tie inverters. Designed to operate at 208VAC single-phase or 240VAC split phase, these units were designed specifically for the US market with built-in AFCI and DC disconnects. They have a very wide DC range on their 3 MPPT inputs resulting in earlier startup, later shutdown and ultimate flexibility in array design. These inverters are also fitted with the enhanced SMA OptiTrac™ feature on all inputs mitigating shading issues on the more challenging installs. These units also have "smart-grid" features allowing it to be future proof regardless of utility requirements.
• Hundreds of stringing configurations.
• Multiple independent MPPTs.
• SMA’s proprietary OptiTrac™ Global Peak shade mitigation technology.
• Diverse application options including on- and off-grid compatibility.
• Direct access via smartphone and utilization of SMA’s Installation Assistant, which minimizes time/labor spent in the field and speeds the path to commissioning.
• Improved communication capabilities that remove the need to install additional equipment.
• Integrated DC disconnect that simplifies onsite logistics and eliminates the need to install a separate disconnect unit, speeding overall installation time.
• Enhanced AFCI technology that improves resistance against false tripping while improving sensitivity in detecting real arcs, which greatly reduces unneeded service calls and increases safety.
• The new Sunny Boy’s two-part enclosure concept that separates the connection unit from the power unit, which allows for simple, expedited servicing.